The first steps towards recovery from an addiction begin with Butler Hospital's Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Programs. Butler Hospital provides two levels of expert treatment for people needing help for alcohol and/or drug and addiction.
Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Program
The alcohol and drug inpatient rehab program provides specialized treatment for people who are actively addicted to alcohol or other drugs and need detoxification with intensive medical supervision. It is ideal for people who do not have the support to detoxify on an outpatient basis, and the program helps people safely and more comfortably detox from addictive substances. The average length of stay in the program is three to five days and can vary on each person's individual needs. Program details [link i/p site page]
Partial Hospital (Day Treatment) Program
The alcohol and drug partial hospital treatment program provides specialized treatment to people in conjunction with their lives at home and in the community. Monday through Friday during the day, patients attend an intensive outpatient addictions treatment program; in the evening and on weekends, they return home to practice the skills learned in the program. This helps people take what they learn in treatment and put it into practice in their day-to-day lives.
Both the inpatient and partial hospital addictions treatment programs at Butler Hospital focus on helping patients:
- safely and more comfortably detox from drugs including alcohol, opiates and pain killers (oxycontin, Percocet, Vicodin, heroine, etc.), amphetamines (ecstasy, speed, Adderall), cocaine, and other addictive substances
- minimize the physical and psychological discomfort of withdrawal from alcohol, opiates, and other drugs
- understand the causes of alcoholism and drug addiction
- develop strategies for overcoming the need for alcohol or drugs
- work through emotional issues that trigger the desire to drink or use drugs
- learn how to prevent relapse
- begin developing healthy coping skills to maintain recovery from addiction
- no longer feel alone in recovery
Butler Hospital's addictions program provides integrated care that combines treatment for a person's addiction, as well as caring for their mental health. Many people who abuse drugs or alcohol also have an underlying health problem such as depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, or post-traumatic stress disorder. Butler Hospital's specializes in providing care that addresses addiction and any underlying health conditions that may be contributing to a person's alcoholism or drug use, helping them manage both for a better recovery.
- comprehensive medical assessments and evaluations
- crisis intervention
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- family sessions
- specialized assessments as needed for depression, anxiety, eating disorders, sexual abuse, neurological and neuropsychological problems, and occupational problems
- medical and medication consultations identifying the medical consequences of substance abuse, alcoholism, and drug addiction
- twelve-step self-help programs on site, including Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Al-Anon and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), and off-site use of NarAnon and AlaTeen
- outpatient consultations with addiction psychiatrists and other addiction specialists
At Butler Hospital, a team of experts in treating addiction help develop an after-care treatment plan that is best for each patient. The team who will help you or your loved one begin to conquer addiction includes psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, licensed chemical dependency professionals, psychologists and mental health workers, and occupational therapists.