As a volunteer advisor, you:
- Review programs, policies and educational materials.
- Provide input on quality, safety and facilities planning.
- Provide input for various committees in the hospital such as the ethics committee, exceptional patient experience committee, patient experience concerns committee, and others as needed.
- The Patient & Family Advisory Council at Butler Hospital values your perspective, welcomes your partnership and invites you to consider becoming a patient/family advisor.
Qualities of an advisor:
- Shares insight and experience in productive ways.
- Sees beyond his/her own personal experience.
- Respects diversity and differing opinions.
- Listens well.
- Collaborates on solutions.
- Has a passion for enhancing the Butler Hospital health care experience for all.
- Advisors are current or former Butler Hospital patients and/or family members of patients.
- Advisors attend monthly meetings the third Thursday of the month, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Advisors have many opportunities to provide input and make a difference for patients and families served by Butler.
Becoming an advisor:
If you are interested in becoming an advisor, please complete this simple online application.
If you have questions about being an advisor or would like to learn more, please e-mail Diane Block, PhD, OTR or call (401) 455-6398.