Back to the Healthy Body Healthy Mind homepage
The Healthy Body Healthy Mind study is offering people with depression who currently take an antidepressant medication a chance to be in a program that involves a holistic approach to feeling better. Participation in this program will be in addition to continuing to take an antidepressant medication.
Study participants will receive:
- Either 10 weeks of free yoga classes, or 10 weeks of free classes about living a healthier lifestyle (called the Healthy Living Workshop). Both programs are taught by experienced teachers, and will take place on Butler Hospital's beautiful campus in Providence.
- small in size, which allows tailoring to your specific needs
- suitable for people who may not be physically active
- designed specifically for people with a history of depression
- Up to $230 compensation for time and commitment in the form of checks or gift certificates.
- Access to experienced clinicians who will monitor study participant's mood during the trial period.
- The chance to be a part of scientific research that may shape and improve future treatment for others who suffer from depression.
Study participants are randomly assigned to either the yoga classes or the Healthy Living Workshop. After completing the initial 10-week program and a 6-month follow-up period, participants can choose to join the other program for free.
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Dr. Lisa Uebelacker, PhD, Director, Healthy Body, Healthy Mind