Center House 345
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cheryl Cordeiro, IRB Administrator
Linda L. Carpenter, MD, IRB Chair
Forms, Templates, Training, Guidelines, Policies
IRB Meeting Calendar & Protocol Submission Due Dates
With respect to the protection of human subjects participating in research activities supported directly or indirectly by grants or contracts from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) or any other public or private granting agency, including Butler Hospital, the Institutional Review Board and Butler Hospital will comply with the U.S. Public Health Service Act (as amended by the Health Research Extension Act of 1985) (Public Law 99-158), as implemented in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 45, Part 46 - "Protection of Human Subjects." The Institutional Review Board for Human Subjects Research will be assigned the responsibility to determine for each research activity as planned and conducted that:
- Subjects are equitably selected, given the purposes of the research and the setting in which it is to be conducted.
- The rights and welfare of subjects are adequately protected.
- The risks to subjects are outweighed by potential benefits.
- The informed consent of subjects will be obtained by methods that are adequate and appropriate.
- A timely review of each project will be conducted.