Based on the assessment information, a plan in developed by the patient's treatment team in collaboration with the patient's primary physician. A team leader will meet with the patient and family to discuss the diagnosis and start the treatment plan.
What does the treatment plan include?
A treatment plan may include the following:
- Medication, including new treatments, for memory loss or other medical or psychiatric conditions
- Counseling for the family
- Referral for home care or rehabilitation services in the community
- Recommendation for skilled nursing care
- Education and support groups for the patient and family
- The Memory Disorders Program also works closely with community support groups such as the Alzheimer's Association