Butler Hospital is a national leader in advancing mental health treatments through research in Alzheimer’s disease and other memory disorders, mood disorders, addictions, body dysmorphic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
To ensure that these advances in brain science continue, Butler has begun a new Research Endowment Fund. Revenue from the fund will:
- help finance new computer labs for neuroscience
- increase access to the latest brain imaging technology
- provide pilot funding to clinicians and researchers, giving them a competitive edge for federal grant funding
- enable Butler to recruit up-and-coming researchers who will make the discoveries of tomorrow
- attract top quality emerging researchers to the state, which will stimulate the economy and create jobs
With an initial goal of $1.2 million, this research endowment will seed new research, ensure current research studies at Butler continue, and strengthen the scientific infrastructure in Rhode Island that supports research to improve the brain health and of people affected by mental illness.
How to Contribute to the Research Endowment Fund:
There are several ways to support Butler’s campaign to advance brain health through research.
Make an Online Donation
Please select Research Endowment Fund for your designation.
Michele R. Berard, CFRE, Director of Funds Development at 401-455-6581
Funds Development Office
345 Blackstone Boulevard
Providence, RI 02906
Please specify your gift is for the Research Endowment Fund
More about the Research Endowment Fund:
Butler Research Studies
Create a Legacy by Supporting Research
Butler Hospital's 2007-2008 Annual Research Report
Support Butler Hospital