P: 1 (844) 401-0111
Butler Behavioral Health | Providence
Butler Hospital Campus, Duncan Lodge
200 Butler Drive
Providence, RI 02906
P: (401) 437-8070
Meadows Edge Recovery Center
A Care New England Facility
580 Ten Rod Road
North Kingstown, RI 02852
P: (401) 294-6170
The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for substance use disorders is ideal for adults who would benefit from a more structured treatment program on a part-time basis. The IOP program is designed to accommodate work and family life while seeking recovery. An IOP is effective in stabilizing patient symptoms, potentially limiting need for higher levels of care such as hospital stays, and providing patients with an increased skill set and community resources to maintain their recovery.
Butler Hospital’s IOP fosters the development of relapse and recovery skills along with coping strategies necessary to manage patient’s co-occurring disorders.
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy on relapse prevention, recovery skills, stress management and relaxation techniques
- Therapy to address co-occurring mental health issues, when appropriate
- Medication management
- 12-step groups
- Peer support
- Therapy for family and concerned persons
- Medical evaluations
- Urine toxicology screening
- Communication with the client’s external providers (i.e. primary care provider, legal counsel, Department of Children, Youth and Families)
Effective aftercare planning
Our expert staff works closely with patients to develop a plan for maintaining the successes gained during their IOP treatment period. Aftercare plans include:
- Transitioning to outpatient counseling services offered at our Providence, Cranston and North Kingstown offices, with a full briefing provided to your new care team to maximize the continuity of care and individualization of treatment
- Identifying strategies for maintaining sobriety and avoiding relapse
- Supporting transition back to work or school and rejoining family and friends
Two locations with option for day or evening hours
Intensive outpatient services for substance use disorders are available on the Butler campus in Providence and Meadows Edge Recovery Center in North Kingstown. The locations are staffed with Care New England Medical Group physicians and clinicians and Butler Hospital staff. There are also options for morning and evening hours. Appointments are scheduled three to four times a week for three to four hours each day.
- At Meadows Edge Recovery Center, our intensive outpatient program runs mornings on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
- On the Butler campus at Duncan Lodge, our program runs evenings on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Duration of treatment is determined by the patient’s progress; your treatment team will work with you to develop the best plan to maintain healthy behaviors.
People may be referred by a physician, other clinician, or self-refer. Care New England Medical Group accepts most major insurances, including:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
- United Healthcare