345 Blackstone Boulevard
1st Floor Weld Building
Providence, RI 02906
P: (401) 455-6402
F: (401) 455-6405
Join us on facebook:
Follow us on twitter:
Prevention and Early Treatment of Alzheimer's
The research advancements made at the Memory & Aging Program towards a future without Alzheimer's disease would not be possible without our courageous study participants and dedicated compassionate donors. Research study participants have the chance to be part of scientific research that may lead to a preventative treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.
Join the Butler Alzheimer’s Prevention Registry - We have a 25 year history of excellence in clinical care, training, and research. We work hand in hand with passionate research volunteers, patients and their families to find a preventative treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.Learn More
Open & Enrolling Research Studies for Alzheimer’s Disease
The Alzheimer's disease research studies at Butler Hospital listed below are active and open to enrollment. Please click the links below to learn more about specific trials.
These enrolling studies are for fairly healthy adults who are 60-85 years old with normal mental and thinking abilities. Individuals are not required to have a family history of Alzheimer's disease to participate.
Studies for People with Mild Memory Impairment or Mild Alzheimer’s Disease
These enrolling studies are for adults 50-85 years old who may have mild memory impairment.
Studies for People with Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease
These enrolling studies are for adults 50-85 years old who may have moderate memory impairment.
Studies for People with a Family Mutation
The DIAN study is for adults who have a biological parent that carries a rare genetic mutation known to cause an early form of Alzheimer’s.
- Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer’s Network Trial (DIANTU)
- Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer's Network (DIAN)
Studies Developing New Brain Scans for Early Detection
These enrolling studies are evaluating investigational agents/tracers to identify the presence of tau protein deposits, which are often found in individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological conditions.
Studies Aimed at Identifying Risk Factors for Alzheimer’s and Cognitive Changes in Both Healthy and Impaired Individuals
The following studies are for adults 40 years or older who have cognitive abilities that range from normal to mild Alzheimer's disease.
- Atlas of Retinal Imaging in Alzheimer's (ARIAS)
- Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative 3 (ADNI-3)
- DigiCog AD Study
- Longitudinal Early-onset Alzheimer’s Disease Study (LEADS)
Closed to Enrollment Alzheimer's Disease Research Studies
The Alzheimer's disease research studies at Butler Hospital listed below are active and ongoing, but are currently closed to enrollment of new patients. Clinical trial study results will be published when the study is complete.
- Eisai E2609 (Elenbecestat) in MCI / Mild Alzheimer’s Disease
- Genentech Alzheimer's Disease Study (TAURIEL)
- A4 Anti-Amyloid Treatment in Asymptomatic Alzheimer's Disease
- LY3002813 Alone and in Combination with LY3202626 in Early Symptomatic Alzheimer’s Disease (TRAILBLAZER-ALZ)
- Biogen 251AD201 Alzheimer’s Disease Study (TANGO)
- Lilly I8G-MC-LMDC LY3303560 in Early Symptomatic Alzheimer’s Disease (PERISCOPE)
- Generations Study